Thursday, January 21, 2010

Teeny, Tiny Screwdriver & Other Missing Things

This evening after dinner I set out to do a simple task. Hang a towel bar in the Master bath. Simple enough. I gather the drill, drill bits, hammer & level and head off to tackle the job. Marking the screw holes and sinking the anchors is no problem. I am woman hear me roar.

The next step is what throws me into a near meltdown tissy. Loosening the small screw on the bracket. All I need is one of those little teeny tiny screw drivers.

"No problem", I think to myself. "I have my own tool bags in the garage and know exactly where one is."

A few seconds later I'm puzzled to see the little red box that holds my small tools empty. "Darn. I guess I'll look in my other bag." I looked around for a minute or two for my other bag. The yellow tiny screwdriver holder is not in there either. Frustration sets in.

"Well let's see. Here's a box labeled drill bits." None in there.

I check a box of random tools. None there. I look on top of the work bench. None. It starts to dawn on me that these screwdrivers were probably used on Christmas Day toys. So into the kitchen tool drawer I head. Not a single one in sight. Next drawer, I start throwing items onto the counter in frustration. None there. Agggg. Back to the garage. I shove and move and throw things around on the tool bench. Still no luck. "I'm gonna scream! Boy when Bruce gets home is he going to hear an ear full about what a messy way he keeps his tools. And why am I left here all alone night after night, week after week all by myself? Taking care of the kids, the house, the finances, the cooking the shopping.....If he were here in the evenings I could just have him look for one."

Resigned I head back upstairs in hopes of finding one on the nightstand or junk drawer or something. I really want to finish this project and have a place to hang my towels!

"OWWHH! STOP IT!" I hear coming from the play room.

Oh no. Not another bout of sibling rivalry. I barge right in, point to the offending child and condemn him to an early bed time. Boy what I wouldn't give to have a quiet evening, day, night, minute, hour to myself.

Still looking for the small tool in a foul, foul mood.

1 comment:

  1. Take a deep breath. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. This too shall pass. So sorry you're having a rough time. You can always try prayer to find the missing items - it has worked for me on a number of occasions. Not always, but enough times to make it worth the attempt. As for the quiet times, you'll have way more of those than you'll want a few years from now, which will go by way quicker than seems possible at the moment. And trust me on this one, too much quiet isn't good. I can go days without saying a word out loud 'cuz there's no one at home to talk with, still don't have a job, and the phone doesn't ring.

    Take care of yourself. Love ya! Rebecca N.

    ReplyDelete