Monday, December 8, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Confessions

It goes without saying, people love Christmas and they love Christmas music. I am no different, really. I just like to start my Christmas in December if possible. Thanksgiving is actually a great holiday on it's own and I love to savor that day. This year because Turkey day was so near the end of the month and I was playing host to my churches Relief Society Christmas Party, December 4th, I started my holiday decorating the day after Thanksgiving. I know....that sounds like a confession.

Hello, my name is Jennifer, and I decorated the day after Thanksgiving.

Guess what? I liked it! The garlands rolling down the stairs, the accent of greenery at the entrance to the living and dining rooms. The lighted wreaths with their cheerful red sparkly ribbons hung at each window, the Tree. I love the gentle glow the holiday lights give my foyer at night. I love that when I come home at night the oak tree in my front yard is lit up, directing me safely back to my home, my family. I love the Nativity sitting front and center in my family room. And I love the Music.

Beautiful sweeping melodies about our Savior, Jesus Christ. Pianos, violins and harps blending together with voices so pure tears come easily to ones eyes. And that's just some of the music! There's the get out and dance and the sing with the kids songs too.

My favorite versions of O Holy Night have been posted as a play list here. Last night as I was selecting the arrangements I liked best my daughter came into the office and asked me to turn up the volume. She too wanted to enjoy the sweet sounds of Christmas. I hope that you enjoy these selections for the few minutes your here and through out your Christmas celebrations. I know at least two people in my house that will.


O Holy Night, the stars are brightly shining, it is the night of our dear Saviors birth!
Long lay the world in Sin and Error pining til' he appeared and the Soul felt it's worth.
A thrill of Hope the weary world rejoices for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.

Fall on your knees, Oh hear the Angel voices, O night Divine, O night when Christ was born.

Truly He taught us to love one another, His law is Love and His gospel is Peace.
Chains shall He break for the slave is our Brother, and in His name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of Joy in Grateful chorus raise we, let all within Us praise His Holy name.

No comments:

Post a Comment