Tuesday, November 25, 2008

School Mornings

I just dropped the kids off at school and I am home creating my first blog post. The older kids missed the bus, or I should say woke up after the bus pick up time. The younger one, Andrew, came to my bed to cuddle instead of getting dressed. Needless to say we had a rushed morning. On mornings such as these I wonder "how can I help this go better next time?" And the answer always seems to be "Wake up earlier and get your tired self out of bed to crack the whip on those kids!" But I never like that answer. First of all it requires personal responsibility, ugh. Shoot, that's something we've been working on with our kids.... And I've been wondering why our lessons are not sinking in.

So come Monday morning, I, Jennifer Crow, will drag my tired, oh, so not ready for the morning, self out of bed to lead my children through their morning. Then maybe, just maybe, our mornings will run more smoothly and the lesson of personal responsibility just might have a surface to sink into.

No comments:

Post a Comment